Not only is that my favorite color, but that’s how us Texans say “Hello”! Yee-Haw! I was born and raised in the great state of Texas! I’ve lived in Floresville, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and now the Big Ole’ DFW.
My first name is Lawren, yes with a double-u! You need a weird name for a weird kid! Rose is my middle name, not my last name, and it’s a family name!
I grew up on a 75 acre farm with all sorts of animals.My younger days were spent running around outside barefoot, I’ve had probably way more sticker burrs in my feet than you can count. I went to East Central High School where I had the best art teachers alive! I applied for only 1 college and got accepted – Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi. I decided to major in Computer Science and minor in Art. The choice was obvious! Computer nerds made more money! So if ya can’t be one you outta marry one! (Yup, this is how I met my husband)
About a year and a half in I had a break down and decided to make the switch. Art was in my blood and I could no longer deny it! My favorite class was Drawing class, and I’m sure my lungs are black from all the charcoal. After taking the intro drawing course I skipped ahead to advanced drawing, I was just that good! Teachers pet! I was 2 semesters away from graduating when I took my first photography course… and I only took it because it was required. I’ll admit, using scissors to cut the film in the dark room was the scariest part! The advanced photography class I focused on photographing overpasses and highways. I still don’t quite understand what it is about those gigantic structures.
I graduated in 2012, married my computer nerd a few months later, and then bought our first house soon after. Pretty typical and standard, nothing exciting about it. Between the years of 2013 and 2015 we lost a lot of very special people in our lives. My mother-in-law died to lung cancer, Grandma to a stroke, Great-Grandma to a stroke, Great-Grandpa to Alzheimers and stage 4 esophagus cancer, and my Papa to COPD at the ripe age of 91. (I could talk about it all day long, but this bio is already getting long so I’ll save it for another day)
The same week we announced our pregnancy was the same week we were told my husbands job was relocating us to Plano. Woo-hoo! My Mom was not happy! We stayed in San Antonio until I became a Mama and then moved out to DFW when Claire was 3 months old. I’m now classified as a “crunchy” Mom – who the hell came up with that term anyway – because Claire has multiple food allergies and sensitivities. Everyone told us parenting would be hard, but we never expected this. I’m considered the hippie in the family, and that’s A-Okay with me!
- I used to be an avid bowler throughout my teens and into college years. I was on 3-4 bowling leagues each week and competed in various tournaments throughout the nation. I even won one large tournament at the junior level pretty unexpectedly, I think I averaged about 220.
- I’m a straight-forward type of gal, I say what’s on my mind and sometimes it doesn’t make any sense.
- Reserved is the word I use to describe myself, I am actually pretty comfortable sitting in the awkward silence.
- I’ve got the patience of a sloth, but am not slow-moving when a Mom is in labor.
- You can always tell a person by the name of their WIFI. My husband named ours “It_Burns_When_IP”.
- Honesty. It’s one of my greatest assets, and my biggest flaw. Sometimes it’s so strong it burns.
- In 2011 I did a 13 mile Tough Mudder. I couldn’t have done it without my teammates! That’s me finishing the race in the video below.